The reasons why Yahoo Mail is not working on Google Chrome can be quite diverse. You should progressively follow the steps given below in order to fix this problem.
Step – 1 Clear the Google Chrome Browser’s Cache
Most of the times, Cache memory of the browser remains the culprit behind the Yahoo malfunction in Google Chrome. Here is how you can clear Google Chrome’s Cache.
• Run Google Chrome on a computer and click on the Menu (Three vertical dots option) from the top right corner.
• Choose “More Tools” from the opened menu.
• Click on “Clear Browsing” data.
• Then, choose the time range for which you want to clear the cache memory. In case you want to clear all the cache completely then you should choose the “All Time” Option.
• Now, you need to check the checkbox against the “Cached images and files” option.
• Finally, click on “Clear Data”.
You don’t need to anything else the Cache memory of Google Chrome will get cleared by itself.
Step – 2 Update your Google Chrome Browser 2020.
Secondly, you need to make sure that you are using the updated version of Google Chrome. If not then you should update your Chrome Browser. Follow the steps given below in order to do that.
• Open Chrome browser and click on menu (Three vertical dots option).
• Hover your mouse over the “help” option in the drop-down menu.
• Click on “About Google Chrome” from the menu that opens. This will open a new tab.
• Now, the version of Google Chrome you are using will appear on your screen.
• Click on “Update Google Chrome” if it is available and Chrome will be updated automatically.
• In case you can’t find the option to update chrome then your browser is up-to-date.
Updating the browser should fix most of the Yahoo compatibility problem. However, If Yahoo Mail not working on Google Chrome even after updating chrome then you should move on to step 3.
Step – 3 Restart your PC.
Sometimes, restarting the computer you are using can also help you fix the Yahoo mail malfunctioning in Google Chrome.
• Click on Three vertical dots icon from the top right corner of the screen.
• Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
• Scroll down and click on “Advanced” option under the settings tab.
• Click on “Content Settings” under the “Privacy and Security” settings.
Step – 5 Deactivate Browser Extension
Many times, Yahoo Mail doesn’t work on Google Chrome due to malicious extensions and add-on. You can disable them by following the step mentioned below:
• Open menu by clicking three vertical dots icon.
• Go to “More tools” from the drop-down menu and click “Extension”. This will open the list of all the installed extensions and add-on in the chrome browser.
• Click on “Remove” button to clear the extensions one by one.
• Finally, Reload Yahoo after disabling extensions.
Step – 6 Deactivate Antivirus and Firewall settings temporarily
Sometimes, antivirus and firewall in your PC also tend to block Yahoo from loading problem. In such cases, you should deactivate Antivirus and firewall on a temporary basis.
• The process to deactivate antivirus is different for all the antivirus software.
• After deactivating antivirus, you should try to run Yahoo again and check if this resolves the issue.
Step – 7 Run your Yahoo Account on some other computers and devices
If Yahoo mail not working on Google Chrome even after following all the above-mentioned steps then you should try to run it on any other device. If the yahoo doesn’t work properly even on other device and browsers then the problem is related to your Yahoo Account. In such cases, you should contact Yahoo Support.