Trying to work on your QuickBooks software and suddenly it freezes? Well, this can be pretty much annoying for you to handle. It generates a few off-screen windows running in the backup
, which do not close when you try to shut them. This will not only freeze the software, but also risks the unsaved data. To get your hands on the ways to shun off the QuickBooks desktop freezing error
, make sure to stick around this segment till the end.
Just in case you do not wish to tackle out the error manually, we can be helpful in that case as well. You can simply consult our tech support team using our helpline and leave the rest on our team.
What instigates the freezing up issue in QuickBooks?
Well, the error of QuickBooks being freeze up, can be seen due to the following reasons:
- Just in case the file is corrupted and hinders the access to windows.
- Or if you are making use of an outdated windows operating system.
- Another reason can be when the background application consume space and data.
- Just in case the user account control is enabled.
- Moreover, if any kind of damaged ddf files and user preferences files are seen.
Solutions to shun off the freezing error in QuickBooks desktop
You can implement the following methods to get rid of the freezing issue in QuickBooks desktop.
Method 1: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Under this method, you are required to download and install the QBInstall tool from the official website of intuit.
- You are further required to save the file.
- Close all the running programs and open windows.
- Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Wait till the tool finishes the process and fixes the error.
- Reboot the system.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks clean install tool
If the first method didn’t work for you, then perform the steps below:
- Download the clean install tool.
- Save it to the desktop.
- Open QuickBooks clean install utility.exe
- Click on I accept tab when the license agreement appears.
- Select the QB version and hit continue tab.
- Click on ok tab when asked.
Shunning off the QuickBooks desktop freezing up error
becomes easy, once you are thorough with the steps we have discussed in above. Just in case you need our assistance at any point of time, we are here to help you. Do not hesitate in consulting our QuickBooks error support team
via our support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Other helpful articles: